As you may have noticed, I recently have started posting some of the Podcasts by my good friend, Maynard “the Bullfrog” Watkins. I realize that there are probably a good deal of you who don’t know much about him. Well, there is a lot to know! Maynard and I became aware of each other in the late 1990s, and have been nurturing our relationship since then. Inasmuch as he lives in Louisiana, we don’t get to see each other too often, but modern technology has allowed us to keep in touch. So, here are a few things that I put together to introduce Maynard to those who read my Blogs, both here on my Facebook Page and on my Blog Site (https://godsgoodnews.blog/).
A BAKER’S DOZEN OF THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MAYNARD “THE BULLFROG” WATKINS
- He lives in Tangipahoa, Louisiana
- He is Station Manager at W-E-R-D Radio
- His BFF is Cherokee Strip, who is W-E-R-D’s Chief Engineer
- He has a daughter named Lulu Belle, and a granddaughter named Door-a-Belle, whose nickname is Ding Dong!
- He studied the Scriptures with Floyd “The Bible Guy” Allen
- He is lead singer and Booking Agent for THE TANGIPAHOA RIVER PIRATES, a Cajun Band.
- Another of his REALLY good friends is Frenchie McGraw, owner of the FRENCHI McGRAW’S FINE DINING EMPORIUM & BAIT SHOP.
- His favorite TV shows are DUCK DYNASTY and SWAMP PEOPLE.
- He is a Deacon/Elder at the TANGIPAHOA FREE AT LAST COMMUNITY CHURCH.
- He graduated from THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUSIANA AT LAFAYETTE (Rajun Cajuns) with a Degree in Communications.
- He is a Contributing Editor to the Evening Edition of THE TANGIPAHOA PICAYUNE
- In 1887, one of his ancestors, J.B. Watkins, moved his newspaper from New York to Lake Charles where he established a Marketing Empire.
- He hosts the TANIPAHOA TRANSLATIONS of the Bible Verses you Have Learned to Love on W-E-R-D
So, there you have it – – Maynard the Bullfrog Watkins in a nutshell! If you haven’t had the privilege of enjoying some of his radio shows, go to http://www.godsgoodnewsgazette.com/maynard-bullfrog-watkins/ and have a listen!!! I can promise you that you have never heard anything like his program before!!!
P.S. If you think that Maynard sounds an awful lot like me, there may be a good reason for that!!!